4-H Summer Camp
Join us for 4-H Summer Camp
Eastern 4-H Center – Columbia, NC
August 2 – August 7, 2020
Who: Youth ages 8-14
When: August 2-7, 2020
Where: Eastern 4-H Center (Columbia, NC)
Cost: $420 (scholarships available)
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
Registration Packet and $75 non-refundable deposit are due to the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Chowan County office by May 15, 2020.
For more information, contact Camaryn Byrum at email@example.com or 252-482-6585.
About 4-H Camp
For more than 80 years, North Carolina 4-H camping has taught youth life skills through centers located from the mountains to the sandhills to the coast. Each year, more than 4,000 campers from across the state participate in 4-H camping programs at North Carolina’s 4-H educational centers. Thousands more participate in conferences, school enrichment programs, special events, and workshops. Through participation in the 4-H camping program youth:
- Understand that learning can be fun.
- Improve communication skills.
- Acknowledge their abilities and limitations and develop skills and options for growth.
- Learn about various sciences and develop scientific skills.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and the value of diversity in a global society.
- Learn about the natural environment and improve stewardship skills.
- Improve their physical skills and fitness.
- Learn a process for solving problems and working cooperatively in groups.
- Learn skills to set goals and make decisions individually.
- Learn to identify and manage resources.
- Experience a variety of life-long recreational activities.
- Learn and practice ethical behavior.