4-H Summer Camp
Join us for 4-H Summer Camp
Eastern 4-H Center – Columbia, NC
August 4–9, 2019
Who: Any youth ages 8-14
When: August 4-9, 2019
Where: Eastern 4-H Center
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
Registration Packet and $75 non-refundable deposit are due to the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Chowan County office by May 17, 2019.
Remaining balance due: July 3, 2019
For more information and to register, contact Camaryn Byrum at email@example.com or 252-482-6585.
About 4-H Camp
For more than 80 years, North Carolina 4-H camping has taught youth life skills through centers located from the mountains to the sand hills to the coast. Each year, more than 4,000 campers from across the state participate in 4-H camping programs at North Carolina’s 4-H educational centers. Thousands more participate in conferences, school enrichment programs, special events, and workshops.
Through participation in the 4-H camping program youth:
- Understand that learning can be fun.
- Improve communication skills.
- Acknowledge their abilities and limitations and develop skills and options for growth.
- Learn about various sciences and develop scientific skills.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and the value of diversity in a global society.
- Learn about the natural environment and improve stewardship skills.
- Improve their physical skills and fitness.
- Learn a process for solving problems and working cooperatively in groups.
- Learn skills to set goals and make decisions individually.
- Learn to identify and manage resources.
- Experience a variety of life-long recreational activities.
- Learn and practice ethical behavior.
- Explore spiritual values.